Gluten free pancakes can often be expensive and incredibly underwhelming for our taste-buds. Why not make your own instead?
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the cassava flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the honey, vanilla, eggs, non-dairy milk, and vinegar.
3. On a medium to medium-low setting, heat your pan.
4. Melt the oil of your choice and set aside.
5. Mix the wet and dry ingredients, then stir in the heated coconut oil. If the batter is too thick and unable to be poured, add more non-dairy milk, 1 tbsp at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency.
6. Pour 1/3 cup of batter in your pan.
7. Spread the batter with the back of a spoon so it's not too thick. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the bottom of the pancake has browned.
8. Flip the pancake and cook until the other side has browned as well. Set aside the pancake and repeat method for the remaining batter.
9. Add toppings of your choice and tuck in!
Yields 6-8 Pancakes
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 15 Minutes
Avocado oil or coconut oil for greasing pan, as needed
1 cup cassava flour (5 oz)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 cup non-dairy milk (+ more if needed to reach ideal consistency)