Just because your diet is gluten free, this doesn’t mean you have to miss out on burger night. Try our simple recipe.
1. Preheat oven on 200C with fan, 220C without fan or gas mark 6.
2. Pour 1 tbsp olive oil in a large oven dish and place in oven to heat.
3. Wash potatoes or cassava and chop into chips, no need to peel. Dry each piece of chopped potato/cassava with a paper kitchen towel to remove the moisture and place in a bowl.
4. Using the flat side of a knife, squash the garlic cloves and add in with the potatoes/cassava. (optional)
5. Add 1 tbsp of cassava flour to the potatoes/cassava and mix.
6. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the potatoes/cassava and mix.
7. Add preferred amount of salt & pepper, can also add 2 tsp paprika for added flavour, mix.
8. Take out dish from the oven, carefully add the seasoned potatoes/cassava to the dish. Place the dish on the second shelf of the oven. Check and rotate chips every 20 minutes until brown and crispy, usually takes between 40 minutes-1 hour.
9. When the chips have 20 minutes remaining to cook, place pan on a hob, heat 1 tsp coconut oil in the pan on a medium setting. Add burgers, cook for 5-8 minutes on each side depending on how well-done you prefer your meat.
10. Toast Zur Gluten Free buns, build your burger, add desired condiments, add chips. Eat up!
Yields 1 Portion
Prep Time 30 Minutes
Cook Time 1 Hour
Zur Gluten Free burger buns
5 large Maris Piper or Baking potatoes or 1 Cassava